Looking for a New Job? juniorhuman.in is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Planned Parenthood of Illinois & they are Hiring Candidates for Director of Government Relations
Company Name : Planned Parenthood of Illinois
Company Location : Springfield, IL 62702
Job Position : Director of Government Relations
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
Just a few of the
Benefits enjoyed by PPIL employees…
Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Up to 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
Mission focused work
401k with employer matching
100% company-paid Life Insurance
100% company-paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Robust Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development awards and opportunities
Flexible Spending Accounts
Free Medical Services at PPIL
All staff at Planned Parenthood of Illinois are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Planned Parenthood of Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations will be provided based on religious beliefs and to those with disabilities.
Director of Government Relations
The Director of Government Relations works to develop, support, and implement Planned Parenthood of Illinois’ and Planned Parenthood Illinois Action’s agenda. The Director of Government Relations develops and maintains understanding of reproductive rights, health care access, and other issues of importance to PPIL and PPIA. The director lobbies government officials and agencies. This position works under the supervision of the Senior Director of Public Policy and may be based in either Chicago or Springfield. If the position is in Chicago, the Director of Government Relations is expected to travel to Springfield for legislative session days. In addition, this position engages in political work for Planned Parenthood Illinois Action and its political action committees.
1. Assist Senior Director of Public Policy staff in developing PPIL’s and PPIA’s policy agenda.
2. Develop and maintain extensive understanding of reproductive rights, access to health care, sexual health education, and other issues important to PPIL and PPIA.
3. Develop and maintain good working relationships with legislators and other public officials, including Constitutional officers, appropriate state agencies, legislative leadership, relevant committee chairs.
4. Directly lobby members of the Illinois General Assembly, other elected officials, and agency staff on legislative and policy matters.
5. Serve as a representative to advocacy partners and coalition groups.
6. In collaboration with communications staff, develop messaging, organize media events, and conduct media interviews on policy issues.
7. As appropriate, work with the Senior Director and Public Policy staff to implement electoral plans and activities for Planned Parenthood Illinois Action and its political action committees, including grassroots organizing and voter outreach activities.
8. Assist the Senior Director in compliance with state and federal lobbying and election laws including required reporting to the Illinois Secretary of State, Illinois State Board of Elections, and the Federal Election Commission.
9. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of respect, knowledge, responsibility, health, compassion, and access; practice these values in relation to internal and external customers.
1. Research and draft legislation.
2. Review legislation and analyze relevant proposals to determine effect on the interests of Planned Parenthood of Illinois (PPIL) and Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA).
3. Produce position papers and fact sheets on legislation and agency rules and regulations.
4. Prepare and deliver legislative committee testimony and/or recruit individuals to provide expert testimony and assist them in preparation.
5. Prepare and maintain voting records, legislative histories, legislator files, and bill files.
6. Plan and manage legislative receptions, lobby days, in-district visits, and constituent communications with elected officials.
7. Collaborate and coordinate with Public Policy staff on advocacy efforts on behalf of policy and legislative issues.
8. In coordination and collaboration with Public Policy and Communications staff, prepare communications with supporters and the public.
9. Coordinate and conduct speaking presentations related to Planned Parenthood policy issues.
10. Manage administrative activities related to the functioning of the department.
11. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Vice President, Public Policy
Status: Full-time, exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary guidelines
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum three years in legislative, political, or constituent education is required. Demonstrated ability to plan and implement strategic legislative initiatives and manage sensitive political situations. Significant past lobbying experience and/or involvement in reproductive rights and health is desired.
Professional and Personal Qualities: An understanding of the philosophies of Planned Parenthood is essential. A self-starter, with the ability to organize and maintain large amounts of diverse information with attention to detail. Must be able to manage projects from start to finish, demonstrating strong follow through and appropriate confidentiality. Strong interpersonal skills required and a willingness to relate to many different types of people, understanding their needs and motivations while keeping the needs of the agency as the highest priority. Excellent writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint a necessity. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may require some evenings and weekends.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as juniorhuman.in