Looking for a New Job? juniorhuman.in is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in State of Illinois & they are Hiring Candidates for External Audit Review Manager (PSA, Opt. 8C)
Company Name : State of Illinois
Company Location : 607 E Adams St, Springfield, IL 62701
Job Position : External Audit Review Manager (PSA, Opt. 8C)
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
Agency : Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Closing Date/Time: 10/25/2022 Salary: $6,956.00 – $10,607.00 Anticipated Monthly Starting Salary Job Type: Salaried Full Time County: Sangamon Number of Vacancies: 1 Plan/BU: RC062
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number
The External Audit Review Manager position at the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity leads the review of external audits for Department grantees to ensure that grant funds are spent appropriately to lead impactful programs. The ideal candidate is a self-driven employee who will manage their workload efficiently, as well as establish goals for themselves and staff to review all audits and issue Management Decision Letters. This position requires a license as a Certified Public Accountant and valid driver’s license. This job offers employees an exceptional pension plan, vacation days, sick days and the potential of overtime pay, if necessary. We welcome interested applicants who can lead this effort to ensure that grantees of the Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity are leading impactful programs to apply.
1. Performs a quality assurance review of audit reviews completed by other External Audit Unit staff to provide reasonable assurance that reviews are in conformance with applicable policies, procedures, and practices and that all audit issues impacting DCEO grant funds have been appropriately identified and reported.
2. Organize and plan the intake and review functions for all independent audit reports and Consolidated Year End Financial Reports (CYEFR) submitted by grantees to the Audit Report Review Management (ARRM) system for all DCEO programs.
3. Plans and manages the external audit review function including developing and maintaining policies, procedures, and practices.
4. Serves as working supervisor.
5. Reviews, edits, and submits for approval initial and final determination letters to DCEO grantees impacting DCEO grant funds.
6. Coordinates and submits documentation to the Division Manager pertaining to grant fund recovery processes pertaining to grantee non-compliance with audit requirements.
7. Prepares and negotiates scope of discretionary audit services with audit personnel of independent public accounting firms for audits to be conducted on a DCEO grantee.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill, and experience equivalent to completion of four (4) years of college, preferably with courses in business administration, public administration, accounting or related courses.
2. Requires prior experience equivalent to three (3) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a public or business organization or four (4) years professional experience with monitoring or auditing grants or contracts at the federal, state, or local governmental level.
3. Requires licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
Of the years noted above, requires three years professional experience with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as recognized by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
Of the years noted above, requires three years professional experience in federal, state of local government in a management role in accounting and auditing.
Of the years noted above, requires three years professional experience in Audit or Monitoring Project management and scheduling experience.
Of the years noted above, requires two years professional experience with supervisory level experience reviewing, editing, and approving audit reports, monitoring reports or financial statements at the federal, state or local government levels.
Of the years noted above, requires two years professional experience with review of fiscal reports, performing fiscal reconciliations, budget formation or budget variance analysis.
1. Prefers one or more years professional experience reviewing audits specifically for local government or nonprofit organizations.
2. Prefers one or more years professional experience working at a governmental agency.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to pass a background check.
2. Requires a valid driver’s license.
3. Requires ability to travel with some overnight stays.
The mission of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity is to support and maintain a climate that enables a strong economy for our customers, taxpayers, businesses, workers and communities by keeping, attracting and growing businesses, maintaining a skilled workforce, and enhancing communities so that the climate here is one in which businesses, small and large, and workers, can succeed to the greatest extent possible. The Illinois Department of Commerce delivers impactful and efficient programs and services through focused on business, community, and workforce development.
Work Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30AM – 5:00PM Work Location: Office of Accountability, 607 E Adams St Springfield, IL 62701-1634 Agency Contact: [email protected] (FOR INQUIRIES ONLY – INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE)
Job Family: Administration/Management
This position DOES contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses:
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as juniorhuman.in